The NIHR Leeds In Vitro Diagnostics Co-operative team, in partnership with Yorkshire & Humber AHSN recently hosted an event for innovators that explored the most urgent remote diagnostics requirements in the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
The event took place on Thursday 28th April 2022 at Nexus Leeds and delegates included a number of businesses, researchers and academics who were interested in providing solutions for and supporting remote diagnostic testing.
A number of insightful presentations took place on the day, including:
- The NIHR Leeds In Vitro Diagnostics Co-operative (Professor Gordon Cook) and the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN (Dr Neville Young) provided an overview of the support they offer.
- Expert Health Economists (Dr Bethany Shinkins and Dr Alison Smith) delivered seminars on mapping the impact of new devices on patient outcomes and capacity modelling.
- Theme leads from the NIHR Leeds In Vitro Diagnostics Co-operative discussed the challenges in their clinical areas (Dr Andrew Lewington, Professor Francesco Del Galdo and Professor Mark Wilcox).
Advice sessions were also delivered by the NIHR, BIVDA, and the MHRA and industry representatives were provided with the opportunity to deliver short overviews of their remote diagnostic innovations.
Presentations from the day can be viewed here:
- 1 Gordon Cook NIHR RD Introduction
- 2 Dr Neville Young AHSN
- 3 David Brettle – Challenges for the NHS
- 4 Malcolm Brown – An introduction to CPI
- 5 Alison Smith – Health economics capacity modelling
- 6 Mike Messenger- Regulation of Remote Diagnostics in the UK
- 7 Andrew Lewington – Kidney Disease and Remote Diagnostics
- 8 Francesco Del Galdo – Opportunities and Challenges in Musculoskeletal Diseases
- 9 Beth Shinkins – Remote Diagnostics The Evaluation Challenge
- 10 Mark Wilcox – Challenges in infection diagnostics
- 11 Andrew Botham – TestCard
- 12 Neil Patel – Nepesmo
- 13 John Dinan – CAPITAINER
- 15 Androulla Kolatsis – C the Signs. Improving early cancer detection
- 16 Mike Lewis – NIHR Funding Opportunities
- 17 Doris-Ann Williams – Remote Diagnostics, BIVDA and Policy